By Peter Wayner
* Examines the vintage algorithms like Huffman coding, mathematics compression, and dictionary-based schemes in depth
* Describes the fundamental ways used to squeeze audio and video indications through components of up to 100:1
* Discusses the philosophy of compression to demonstrate the underlying trade-offs within the algorithms
* Explores using wavelets and different modeling suggestions that use repetitive services to squeeze audio and video
* indicates how programming suggestions like Adobe PostScript can keep house and make networks extra efficient
* Describes new techniques utilizing fractals and grammars simply being explored by means of the compression community
* indicates tips on how to expand the algorithms and use them for copyright protection
Read Online or Download Compression Algorithms for Real Programmers (The For Real Programmers Series) PDF
Best discrete mathematics books
Restricted Coding and delicate Iterative deciphering is the first paintings to mix the problems of restricted coding and tender iterative deciphering (e. g. , rapid and LDPC codes) from a unified element of view. given that limited coding is regular in magnetic and optical garage, it is vital to exploit a few distinct strategies (modified concatenation scheme or bit insertion) in an effort to practice delicate iterative deciphering.
This article takes a extensive view of multiobjective programming, emphasizing the equipment most precious for non-stop difficulties. It stories multiobjective programming equipment within the context of public decision-making difficulties, constructing every one challenge inside of a context that addresses functional points of making plans concerns.
Stochastic neighborhood seek (SLS) algorithms are one of the such a lot in demand and winning options for fixing computationally tricky difficulties in lots of parts of laptop technological know-how and operations learn, together with propositional satisfiability, constraint delight, routing, and scheduling. SLS algorithms have additionally turn into more and more renowned for fixing tough combinatorial difficulties in lots of software parts, similar to e-commerce and bioinformatics.
Constructed in the course of ten years of educating adventure, this booklet serves as a suite of lecture notes for an introductory path on numerical computation, on the senior undergraduate point. those notes comprise the fabric that may be lined in a semester, including a couple of non-compulsory sections for added interpreting.
Additional resources for Compression Algorithms for Real Programmers (The For Real Programmers Series)