By David Wills
A attractive photographic compilation showcasing Audrey Hepburn’s iconic profession within the 1950s—the decade that solidified her position as one of many world’s maximum stars in movie and fashion.
Devoted to her such a lot influential decade, Audrey: The 50s brings jointly in a single quantity the attract and magnificence that made Audrey Hepburn the main iconic determine in sleek model historical past. Photographed throughout the early days of her profession, either at the units of Roman vacation, Sabrina, humorous Face, and different vintage motion pictures, and in type photograph shoots by way of best photographers who cherished and immortalized her, those attractive black-and-white and colour pictures radiate with Audrey’s waifish appeal, airy attractiveness, and easy style.
Renowned writer, curator and photographic preservationist David Wills has conscientiously chosen this number of 2 hundred museum-quality photographs that seize Audrey in her top as by no means sooner than. Audrey: The 50s screens this megastar at her brightest, and brings her legacy into ideal focus.
Among the highlights:
- Rare and vintage photographs digitally restored from classic photographic prints, unique studio negatives and transparencies.
- Never-before-seen exposure pictures, scene stills and paintings pictures from the units of Roman vacation, Sabrina, humorous Face, Love within the Afternoon, and The Nun’s Story.
- Previously unpublished "posed candids" of Audrey at home.
- Beautifully restored ads, fan journal layouts, foreign movie posters and foyer cards.
- Quotes from photographers, administrators, and costars, together with William Holden, Gregory Peck, Fred Astaire, Billy Wilder, King Vidor, William Wyler, Edith Head, Hubert de Givenchy, Richard Avedon, Cecil Beaton, and Audrey herself.
Read or Download Audrey: The 50s PDF
Best biographies of actors & actresses books
Alice Faye's candy demeanor, sultry glances, and velvety voice have been her signatures. Her haunting rendition of "You'll by no means recognize" hasn't ever been exceeded by way of the other singer. enthusiasts loved her in such movies as Alexander's Ragtime Band, Rose of Washington sq., Tin Pan Alley, Week lead to Havana, and hi, Frisco, hi.
Now in Paperback! Ronald Neame's autobiography takes its identify from one in every of his best-loved movies, The Horse's Mouth (1958), starring Alec Guinness. In an informative and pleasing variety, Neame discusses the making of that movie, in addition to a number of others, together with during which We Serve, Blithe Spirit, short come upon, nice expectancies, Tunes of Glory, i may pass on making a song, The top of pass over Jean Brodie, Scrooge, The Poseidon event, and Hopscotch.
In his full of life, humorous, and clever memoir, Peter Coyote relives his fifteen-year trip throughout the middle of the counterculturea trip that took him from the quiet rooms of privilege because the son of an East Coast stockbroker to the riotous lifetime of political road theater and the self-imposed poverty of the West Coast communal circulation often called The Diggers.
With greater than one hundred thirty movies and a occupation spanning 4 many years, Klaus Kinski (1926–1991) was once probably the most debatable actors of his new release. identified for his wild tantrums on set and his mythical collaborations with auteur Werner Herzog—Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1972), Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979)—Kinski’s severe performances made him the darling of eu arthouse and exploitation/horror cinema.
- Pete Duel: A Biography
- Lee Marvin: Point Blank
- Smile When the Raindrops Fall: The Story of Charley Chase (The Scarecrow Filmmakers Series)
- Once a Villain
- Marilyn Monroe: Cover to Cover
Additional info for Audrey: The 50s